Interested in Becoming Catholic?
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Invites non-Catholics
Interested in learning more about the Catholic Church?
R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is the process by which non-Catholic adults learn about the Catholic Church and gradually become full members. Every year adults are welcomed into the Catholic Community through RCIA. It is a learning and loving process in which conversion of the heart brings you to Jesus Christ who is our Lord and Savior.
“The RCIA is a contemporary approach to our ancient faith.” Patty Norris, Director of Religious Education, has explained. “We welcome anyone who is interested in learning about the Catholic Church. This program will present the Catholic faith journey in an open and comfortable environment.”
Participants in past RCIA classes have come from many different backgrounds, yet all have a common interest in learning about the Catholic Faith. Classes are held year-round on Sunday mornings each week.
The RCIA is a tour of faith:
- through the initial stages of asking and seeking,
- through beginning involvement with Christian/Catholic people,
- through hearing the Gospel proclaimed and by faithful reflection and prayer on this Word of God,
- through study and discussion about the Catholic experience,
- through doubts and hesitations,
- through discernment of God’s call for them as individuals,
- through the steps of commitment,
- through the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist)
The RCIA is for adults who:
- are interested in learning more about the Catholic Church.
- have never celebrated Baptism.
- have celebrated Baptism in another faith and are interested in the Catholic Church.
- are baptized Catholics who have not yet received Eucharist or Confirmation.
- are married to a Catholic and attend Mass, but just don’t know what the next step is to become one of the Catholic faithful.
For more information on St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish and the RCIA program, or if you are interested in being a sponsor or helping in some way, please contact Patty Norris, 575.0119 or by email: DRE@setonmilford.org